Saturday, May 31, 2008

spicy meatballs with chili sauce

Ok this recipe is built for only 1 serving. I of course use a pound of hamburger and just dump the rest of the spices in without measuring. I think you get the point.

this came out of my biggest loser cookbook, it is healthy!!!!

1/4 pound 96% lean ground beef
2 Tbls. cooked brown rice (if I don't have leftover brown rice from the night before or whatever, I just use a little bit of oatmeal)
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. dried minced onion (I usually just cut up a fresh onion really small)
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper

sauce:
2 1/2 tbls. chili sauce (we use the sweet chili sauce, i did use the hot once...we had to eat half a box of Popsicles and a whole gallon of milk to cool down our mouths!!!!!)
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or more to taste (I have never found this product, if you do let me know)

*for my sauce I usually do the sweet chili sauce a little BBQ sauce, and some ketchup if it is too spicy. you could really do any kind of sauce you like, it probably just isn't as healthy as the sauce they tell you to use!!

preheat oven to 400 degrees.

in medium bowl combine the meatball ingredients and mix well. I use my hands! form mixture into 1 inch meatballs. place the meatballs in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. bake for about 7 min. (I usually bake for about 9 min. since i do more) make sure meatballs are not pink inside.

meanwhile in a small bowl, combine your sauce ingredients. pour the sauce over the meatballs. Toss to coat with sauce and serve immediately.

No comments: