Write a Review! (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 dash salt
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (half to all of a 14 oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 quarts popped corn
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt in medium saucepan; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add stir in milk; cook, stirring frequently, to soft ball stage (240 degrees).
- Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.
- Pour slowly over popcorn, stirring until caramel is evenly distributed throughout.
- Store caramel popcorn in covered container.
- NOTE: You may vary the amount of popcorn used. I like a little less caramel coating and usually make this recipe with 8 quarts of popcorn.