Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rice Patties

I got this idea off of Rachael Ray, it is yummy!

Makes about 4 patties - depending on the size I guess!

2 c. Chicken Stock (I have just done water too)
1/2 c. uncooked rice (I like to use brown, it is a bit healthier)
1 pkg. Bacon (I have also used chicken, but I like it better with bacon)
2 eggs
bread crumbs ( I have used italian breadcrumbs, also whole wheat crackers crushed)
hot sauce (whatever is your favorite)
little garlic salt or powder
salt
pepper
(I usually just throw whatever kind of seasoning sounds good at the time)

cook rice in chicken stock. Let cool until you can put your hand in it. cook bacon, drain fat. combine all ingrediants in bowl and mix, I use my hand. make patties (like you would with hamburger) fry in frying pan with a little bit of Olive Oil.

serve with salsa, sour cream, and we like to put a little monterey jack cheese on ours too!

No comments: