Monday, March 3, 2008

Alfredo Sauce

Ok so I am really sorry to those of you who like to measure out everything when you cook, because this recipe is a non measuring recipe!! I never measure anything when I make this! I don't even think I ever saw any measurements to it either, sort of just went for it one day! But I must say it is my favorite alfredo sauce!!!

butter (I use margarine and probably a couple of Tbl.)
Cream Cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat and at least half of the 8 oz. package - just depending on how much I want to make!)
Milk
Garlic salt or powder
Parmesan cheese (the cheap stuff that is in the shaker jar!!)
italian seasoning

in saucepan melt butter and cream cheese slightly, over medium heat, then add milk. continue to melt butter and cream cheese. Add parmesan cheese, and seasonings to taste! If it is too thin add more cheese or more cream cheese, to thick add more milk!! I don't think you can really mess this one up!!

I put over pasta with chicken and brocoli, or my favorite lately is to make mini chicken alfredo pizza wheels!!!

No comments: